Monday, December 11, 2006

Personal Kyoto

While reading Carrie McLaren's Stay Free! blog, a great site about consumer culture and media criticism, I came across this:

http://personal-kyoto.org/

Has anyone used this? It's apparently a way to "track your residential or commercial electric usage automatically". It works with your ConEd account. Sounds like it could be pretty interesting and useful. Personal Kyoto was developed by OpenLab at Eyebeam, which I know has a good reputation. I may check it out this week. It would be good to know how I'm using my electricity and then move toward lowering my usage. My own personal Kyoto!

3 comments:

Ugarles said...

Thanks for linking to Stay Free!

I noticed that your whole crew is in Astoria and I thought I should mention Matt Taylor's fantastic Tuesday night comedy show at Waltz.

If you are in town over the holidays, I will be performing there on 12/26 and 1/2. Hope to see you there.

Unknown said...

This is such a cool site!

Anonymous said...

Access this site on your PC and Watch TV Shows Online.