OK kids, here we go. We here at JIA have gotten a little comprehensive list of all the go-to events in the neighborhood together for you. There should be something here to fit everyone's taste and budget... Get your clean duds out cause there are things to do and people to see this long weekend! (Yeah, ok, so these are all on Monday night, but you can hit these places up anytime you want! Give any of them a try any night.)
•Bistro 33 (19-33 Ditmars Blvd.) is having a pre-fix dinner with two different seatings is what I am told. There isn't info on the website since it is still under construction, but because I have fallen in love with this place- I would say, just give them a call for the 411 and get in on it whatever it may be! If you're looking to eat magnificently on the last day of the year, look no further!
• Brick Cafe (30-95 33rd St.) is doing a dinner and/or bar party. For the bar part of it, there is a $25 cover at the door starting at 9:30pm which covers your first drink as well. The restaurant opens at 6 for the first and less expensive of its two seatings. The second seating at 9pm also covers your entry to the bar party- so there you go, two birds with one $80 stone.
• Cavo (42-18 31st Ave.) also has a bash to offer at $150 per person for 4-course dinner (3 seating times- 7, 8 & 9pm) If you don't want to eat, there is also just the party option which will set you back $50- but it's a cash bar, so not much of a deal. They've got their menu up for perusal too.
• Central Lounge (20-30 Steinway) A cool $50 will get you entry and an hour of open bar. They have food and drink packages too if you are looking to splurge. The place is so cool looking that this could be the perfect reason to head all the way up there.
• Hell Gate Social (12-21 Astoria Blvd) Our always dependable good time go-to, doesn't disapoint with a no cover night full of music and entertainment. You don't even have to rush out there, the party goes from 10pm straight til 10am. There may even be a White Castle run for the munchies :)
• Locale (33-02 34th Ave.) looks to have a low key and delectable eating event with two 5 course seatings, (6pm $90 pp and 10pm $100pp). Just last week I was told that I need to go there for some delish Italian, this would be a great opportunity to see what gives.
• Riccardo's (21–01 24th Ave.) fills you up for $100 per adult and $60 per child. This may be a good all around party option for those of you toting some smaller folks :) They've posted the menu too if you want to make sure it fits your taste. If you want to get out of dodge before all the hubbub- they've also got a "matinee" option that doesn't sound too shabby.
• Waltz Astoria (23-14 Ditmars Blvd.) asks everyone to come decked in silver and gold. Dance and be merry from 9pm on.