Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Angelo & Son's Bakery

Tonight I went to Hellgate Social to witness the Guitar Hero play time. They bar had set it all up - guitar, drums, and mic - for anyone to play Guitar Hero. My original intent was to just watch but I got roped in, and boy was it fun! I did ok, not great, but had lots of fun. I can see how the game was such a popular seller this past Christmas.

On the way over to HGS, I spied the brightness that is Angelo & Son's Bakery. They've done some renovations it seems, including the neon. Angelo & Son's provides the bread for Sal, Kris and Charlie (the Sandwich Kings), and it's pretty good. Looks like they are going to have a cafe element to the bakery, which will be nice. That part of town is a bit lackluster compared to other parts, so bright, cheery places like that are a nice addition to the area.

Angelo & Son's is located at 22-09 Astoria Blvd.

9 comments:

MyHat said...

If there was a drum set and mic with the game, it was Rock Band -- not Guitar Hero.

megc said...

Ack, I was misled! I thought it was all Guitar Hero... is Rock Band a close relation to Guitar Hero, then?

Fooditka said...

Angelo and Sons is one of my favorite bakeries in Astoria (MUCH better than Vaccaro's)! You are right, the area is seedy but they have the best damn bread and delicious lintzer cookies! Can't wait to go to the new location.

Unknown said...

Angelo and sons is great. They dont suppy the bread to Sal , Chris and Charlie's anymore. They are using another bakery from corona and If you ask me and my friends The bread from Bakery boys in Corona Sucks. Sandwich King should go back to using angelo and sons. There sandwichs are just not that same anymore. I was there on Tuesday and I was so NOT impressed with the sandwich this time.


Thank you
A long time astorian

Unknown said...

I agree with you tom. The bread was what made the sandwich and this new bread sucks! Totally messes up the meat to bread ratio. The bread is not as thick, less dense, more airy and worst of all not satisfying. I wonder why they changed...

Unknown said...

Yeah Citygirl , I like your thoughts . It does suck and I use to go to sandwich king all the time too. The bread is like Cheap supermarket Bread. Well It doesnt matter anyway, Angelo and Son's is having the Grand Opening of there new store today. I can't Wait to go, all the food and drinks you can drink all day. They are having a full service line with sandwichs, soup, breakfat and there normal bakery items.... The place looks GORGESS. Hope to see you there

Shawn M. Smith said...

Hey all, just found this. The area here in this part of Astoria is far from "seedy", I have lived two doors down from the bakery for two and a half years and nothing sketchy has ever happened here. All of Astoria is great and this is my third place in this neighborhood (first at Ditmars, then on 33rd St). Fantastic area and as I drink my coffee and bagel from Angelo, I was happy to find this.

Anonymous said...

I like that bakery full of tasty breads.




Laby[los angeles suits]

Unknown said...

[http://www.monarch-garments.com/cat_nehruj.asp]http://www.monarch-garments.com/cat_nehruj.asp[/url]
Nehru jacket
I try to learn something new on different blogs regularly. It is always refreshing to read posts of other blogger and learn something from them.
http://www.monarch-garments.com/cat_nehruj.asp