Sunday, June 08, 2008

Mundo's Summer Menu

Starting at the end of next week, the eclectic Mundo Cafe will be offering a summer menu. Some of their staple dishes such as Red Sonja's, Ottoman Dumplings and Argentinian empanadas will remain but there will be other seasonal specialties too.

I happen to be a big fan of this place because of its intimate charm and interesting menu selection. The weekends get busy so give a call or check out their website for a reservation.

I'm going over there this week to sample the new menu and will report back with highlights. One of my favorite things from last year was the Hungarian Cherry Soup (pictured above)--it reminds me of the refreshing, chilled soup that my grandmother used to make for me back in Slovakia.

Check out Mundo this summer--it's really unlike anything you'll ever try in this 'hood.

Mundo Cafe & Restaurant
31-18 Broadway, Store #E
Astoria, NY 11106
718.777.2829

3 comments:

M said...

thanks for the rec and the blog! I just moved here and needed a little guidance.

chelsea.e.jones said...

LOVED Mundo- just went for the first time last night. Will go many other times. The red sonjas are out of this world!

Anonymous said...

Perfect for summer craving for their menus.


Laby[exotic shoes]