Please join the Astoria Park Alliance in the beginning stages of planning for the Department of Transportation sponsored Temporary Pedestrian Street events for Shore Boulevard slated for August 2009!
Shore Boulevard Temporary Pedestrian Streets Planning Meeting
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Astoria Reform Church
corner of Ditmars Boulevard and 41st Street
Snacks will be served!
R.S.V.P. by replying to this email.
If you have questions, please call 718-344-3515 and leave a message so your call can be returned.
The Astoria Park Alliance is excited about involving you in this wonderful opportunity that allows us to create new ways of using this unique open space. With water views, a beautiful Astoria Park, and community full of great neighbors, what a fun way to come together to enjoy summer!
To give you an idea of the meeting's agenda and to get your ideas flowing, here are some of the questions we hope to start answering:
- Does anyone have resources to help coordinate the logistics? (office, phone machine, etc.)
- What other events are happening during the weekends in August 2009?
- What kind of programming can people offer? (sports, arts, music, theater, fitness....)
- What kind of day of event support can people offer? (volunteers)
- How can people help to promote these events? (email lists, media contacts, website postings, etc.)
- Does anyone have leads on funding activities?
At the meeting, we'll also discuss the guidelines as established by the Department of Transportation and plan next steps!
Thank you and hope to hear from you!
Jules Corkery and Martha Lopez-Gilpin
Astoria Park Alliance
Friday, January 30, 2009
Upcoming Community Planning Meeting
This came in my email box today. I think it's a great idea and hope you will attend.