Love is in the air, Astorians! Love it or hate it Valentine’s Day is here and there are lots of great things to do around town.
Tonight head over to Waltz-Astoria for their silent auction benefiting the World Wildlife Fund, featuring art by Bridy Designs. Have a glass of wine and enjoy some art as a start to the big romantic weekend. Starts at 8, goes ‘till 10. (23-14 Ditmars Blvd)
Make reservations at one of many fantastic local spots offering Valentine’s Prix Fix menus. Many of them are by reservation only, so don’t forget to book your spot ahead of time! Some great choices:
• Mundo has an amazing veggie friendly line-up for $40 that includes both dessert and a cup of their warm spiced wine!
• Vesta has a decadent Prix Fix with some local day boat seafood options and of course that to-die-for Baby Jesus Cake to finish, at just $50 per person.
• Enjoy a small French feast at Bistro Les Minots, just $34.95 per person
• DiWine has an interesting four course menu, it comes with one glass of wine and is priced at $55.
• One of my favorite Astoria spots, Rest-Au-Rant is also having a five course tasting menu for $40 per person.
• Or, check out our very own Foodista’s suggestions here. She has rounded up lots of great eating options not to miss.
Maybe you’re looking for something non-food related for your sweetie. Check out Natura Spa’s great mini spa package. Priced at just $130 each package includes a mani/pedi, a 30 min massage, and one of their fantastic mini facials. Call (718) 956-5530 to reserve. Art more your thing? Enjoy a Valentine’s Day talk at the Noguchi Museum by renowned art historian, Dore Ashton. Her talk will focus on the man and the art of Isamu Noguchi. As a close personal friend of the artist, she’ll share personal insights from her years with the artist. The talk starts at 3pm. (9-01 33rd Road off Vernon Boulevard)
(*Picture above from the great new-ish photo blog http://countdown33.blogspot.com/ by a great local author. Check it out!)