Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Joey's Birthday in Astoria

So, these next two weeks are my birthday. Yeah, you heard me. I get two weeks. You only get a day. Suckas.

I know you're thinking...should I get Joey that island in Micronesia or a custom high altitude jet plane? Well, that is a tough call.

Below I've listed the three food pantries I know of in Astoria. In honor of the day of my birth, please find the one closest to you and give a pal some foodies. You'll be glad you did.

Iglesia Hispana de la Comunida
36-16 Astoria Blvd.
Astoria
(718) 205-8225
Every other Saturday, 7-10 am.

New York School of Urban Ministry
31-65 46th St.
Astoria
(718) 204-6471
Tuesday, Friday 10 am-12 noon

Salvation Army/Astoria Corps
45-18 Broadway
LIC/Astoria
(718) 721-9046
Friday 9:30-10:30 am

If you're so lazy that you think Netflix and Fresh Direct have changed your life (see my picture in the dictionary here), then check out City Harvest who's never made it easier for you to help.

PS. They say it's good to call ahead and see what the food pantries need before donating.

No comments: