Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Iced Martha's News

Normally I'd say "hot" in place of "iced" but that would not complement the content of this post. As I stepped into Martha's Country Bakery (36-21 Ditmars Blvd.) this morning, I spied G E L A T O. A nice big display case of it! Gelato is one of my favorite things to eat. Some outside vendor makes this gelato but the bakery clerks promise that they will be making the gelato themselves very soon. Nice. I didn't try it, not really wanting to eat gelato for breakfast this particular morning, but I hope to try it soon. As far as prices, a small serving is $2.95. They have flavors that range from vanilla to peanut butter and jelly. I think it is worth checking out, for sure.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i am so all over that pb&j!

megc said...

Tonight?

Unknown said...

can't :( gotta run over to hoboken. looks like won't have a chance until maybe sat., you?

megc said...

Maybe, but I gotta go out to Long Island potentially that day!

There is no good gelato where I'm going but there is good locally made ice cream, mmmm....

Unknown said...

tonights the night! pb&j gelato please

Unknown said...

well i must say, i went, i ate, i loved... got confused for a mintue when i saw the "apple pie" flavor, but after a taste- i gots 2 scoops of PB&J. soooooo yummy

Anonymous said...

... so you like the pb&j huh?.....yes it's true it is delicious, but you should try the spumoni flavor with a hot cinnamon stick or a hot apple turnover stuffed with apple pie gelato....take it from an expert ;)