Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Alba's Pizza

I've been eating at Alba's Pizza for a couple years now, mainly because it's so convenient, being up the street and all. I was there this weekend and learned they have a new takeout menu! They've increased their pasta offerings, for one thing, and the menu itself looks more inviting in its layout. While I was there this weekend, I tried their Grandma slice. I have extremely high standards for Grandma slices, having eaten many of them from the wonderful Via Pizza in Stony Brook. Well, Alba's makes theirs a bit differently than what I'm used to, but the flavors were fantastic! My boyfriend and I liked it so much we had two slices! Highly recommended.

They also will make pizza with a whole wheat crust, which is great in this age of heightened awareness of whole grains. They also serve whole wheat spaghetti - also a great option. I haven't had any of their pasta dishes, so I'm looking forward to trying them.

By the way, you can order pizza from them online, here. They accept credit cards, which is a plus.

Alba's Pizza
36-20 Ditmars Blvd
Astoria, New York

Photo credit: Alba's Pizza

7 comments:

Unknown said...

what's a "Grandma slice"?

megc said...

Joey, a Grandma Slice is a square slice that is more sauce-centric than cheese-centric. Usually the sauce is pretty garlicy and bursting with flavor. At Albas, they put down the cheese then put a big dollop of sauce in the middle of each slice. I am a big fan of pizza sauce (I would often order "extra sauce" at pizza places when I was younger), so this is a great fit for me.

Alison said...

I love love love Alba's, but they totally freaked me out last time I called. It went like this:

*ring ring*
Alba's: Hello, Alba's!
Me: Hi, I'd like to place an order for delivery.
Alba's: Would you like a small pie with extra cheese and a liter of coke? And you're at [my address], right?
Me: OMG PSYCHIC!

Turns out they have a very fancy pants computer ordering system thats tied into caller id. Makes sense, but still crazy! Haha.

Jen Ryan's Brain said...

hi joey...do you live on my block? hmmmm! (37th/dtmrs!)
albas is good but I still like Portobello for slices.

jen

Unknown said...

I went to the online ordering site, and it said they wouldn't deliver. First my head asploded, because I'd never heard of a pizza place that didn't deliver. Then I called them, and they said they do deliver. So is it just that you can't order delivery through their website? I'm confused.

Unknown said...

Chicken roles are amazing!
Portabello can't compare with their
oily pizza

Anonymous said...

really nice i love that Alba pizza i love eating pizza with my friends.




Laby[tailcoat]