Here are five things to check out this weekend:
1. Art at Subdivision. Subdivision is pleased to present Dreamer of Pictures, an exhibition of new paintings and drawings by Haejae Lee, Hannah Kasper, Deborah Pohl, and René Smith. The four artists present different perspectives on our relationship with the interior spaces that we inhabit, dream about, and desire. Opening Reception March 15, 6-9 p.m. 48-18 Vernon Blvd.
2. Get the brown rice at Leng Thai. I went there last week and had a great time! The food was very tasty, but particularly memorable was the brown rice that was mixed with red rice. Totally delicious and such an unexpected treat. The crispy noodles that come with each meal are also delicious - it tastes sort of like a loose sweet salty, spicy rice crispy treat. Leng Thai is at 33-09 Broadway.
3. Join the Egg Hunt at Steinway Reformed Church. Each egg holds a surprise! The hunt will take place on Saturday from 1-3:30 p.m. in the church garden. When you're not on the hunt, enjoy the the crafts and refreshments. Fun for the whole family! The church is located at the corner of Ditmars and 41st Street.
4. Laugh it up at Mezzo Mezzo. Improv comedy comes to Astoria! Groups from Upright Citizen's Brigade, People's Improv Theatre, and The Magnet will be performing at Mezzo Mezzo on Thursday at 9 p.m. $5 cover. Mezzo Mezzo is located on Ditmars and 33rd Street.
5. Discover a new world... of comics. Did you know that Astoria has its very own comic shop? SilverAge Comics is right there by the Ditmars station. Stop by and see what Batman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman are up to, and check our some of their graphic novels as well. SilverAge is at 22-55 31st Street.