Thursday, November 13, 2008

Top Chef Hits Astoria

Image by bravotv.com

Last night's premiere of Bravo's reality food show, Top Chef featured our very own neighborhood. It was exciting to see contestants of the show's 5th season get off at the Astoria Blvd subway stop and head to our very own Greek supermarket, Titan. Their mission was to prepare an ethnic meal themed to a neighborhood that was chosen for them. Both New York natives, Jamie and Richard competed head-to-head in making a typical Greek meal. Watch the action here!

Also, it looks as if the contestants are living in an upscale high-rise building in LIC. I'm not certain about that but it looked that way from the view out their window. I'm glad to see that people are finally catching on--Queens is cool!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They are actually living in a Penthouse at 20 Bayard in Williamsburg, overlooking McCarren Park...

it was definitely cool though them incorporating so many different neighborhoods from Queens though :)

chelsea.e.jones said...

Was just about to echo the Billysburg comment. But I was awfully excited to see them highlight both Astoria and LIC!

Fooditka said...

Ok--you guys set me straight. Too good to be true but it was awesome to see these 2 hoods on this show. I love it and hope there's more action to come...

The Fitness Diva said...

I about fell off my chair when they pulled the Astoria knife!

Was a pretty cool paying of homage to our fair town.... ;)

Anonymous said...

I like this reality show I remember Master chief show.




Laby[boy suit]