Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Crazies on CB1

As some of you know, I write for outerb.com, a website that focuses on Queens real estate. Today I wrote an OpEd called "Idiots in the News", regarding the proposal by those on CB1 to build a municipal parking structure over the Grand Central Parkway between 35th and 37th Streets and Astoria Blvds North and South. This supposedly would accommodate all those suburban drivers that would invade Astoria/LIC if congestion pricing came to be. I can't remember hearing a dumber idea, at least not in a long time. Ugh.

2 comments:

megc said...

I know! Lamebrained idea, I tell you... it gets a SRSLY WTF??? from me.

NativeNYer said...

as forrest gump used to say : "stupid is as stupid does".....

that being said, why don't they finish the steinway street bridge first. I mean they only work on it 3 days a week anyways.or how about tearing down that butt ugly municipal parking garage in queens plaza and build a 20 story garage...