Thursday, July 30, 2009

Astorian Weekend Edition 30.07.09

Hellgate Overseeing Clean Shores

Can you believe it's almost August? Summer is moving along, fast! LIC Bar (45-58 Vernon Blvd) has a number of offerings this weekend: BBQ, trivia, and music. I took an ear-gander at Little Creatures on MySpace, and they sound pretty sweet.

If you can make it before the Friday deadline, consider getting a Thai massage at Thai New York Spa & Salon (23-92 21st Street). I must say, I'm intrigued. After your massage, consider walking up the street to Bistro33 for dinner.

If you're looking for more outdoor fun, download the Astoria/Long Island City Waterfront Parks Guide, which features a whole slew of events (recurring and special) for everyone! On the environmental front, consider attending the event for city council hopeful Lynne Serpe this weekend.

Recently, fellow Joey Judith and I had dinner at Punta Dura (41-15 34th Avenue), and it was delicious! I can't wait to go back. Judith wrote up our experience, but there is more to come on this very blog, so keep an eye out! In the meantime, consider stopping by for their grilled branzino, which was divine.

Finally, thanks to a reader tip, I'll be checking in on Sai Organics (30-21 30th Avenue) this weekend. Rumor has it they are serving delicious vegan cupcakes. Now, I'm a sucker for cupcakes, so this has gotten me very curious. If you've had them, let us know what you think!

No comments: