Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Free Wine Tasting This Thursday at DiWine

Last night Meg, Martha and I went to check out DiWine, which was pretty fun. The atmosphere is chic yet not pretentious and I'd definitely go back for a refreshing glass of vino. I'd say that their drinks are the thing to come for, but don't hesitate to try a yummy brick-oven pizza such as the one we had last night (pictured above). The Gigi, DiWine's most popular pizza offering consisted of smoky flavors from the cured beef, capers, mushrooms and fresh buffalo mozzarella. It was simply "divine" and we loved the brick-oven essence that emanated from the crust.

In terms of the wine, this Thursday presents a perfect opportunity to try it. Below are the details about DiWine's tasting--feel free to check it out and let us know your thoughts.

Free Wine Tasting at DiWine
Thursday, July 16th at 8:00 p.m.
Taste four wines and various pairings of cheeses

DiWine- 41-15 31st Avenue, Astoria NY 11103
718.777.1355

R/V/G Train to Steinway Street

www.diwineonline.com

6 comments:

megc said...

Yum, that pizza looks good!

Fooditka said...

It was sooo good, as you know :)

inflammatory writ said...

I love that place. My husband and I have gone three times. Their cucumber mojito is to DIE for.

Unknown said...

I think you got the address wrong. It should be 41-15 31st Ave, not St. Very different places--I'm pretty sure the latter would be a strip club at Queensboro plaza.

Fooditka said...

Wooops, thanks for that Pat. I changed it now.

Alice in Wonderland said...

My roommate and I just went this evening and were really impressed. Their tapas are amazing and I love the atmosphere. It is Mixology week this week so half-priced mixed drink specials each day of the week (July 20-26). We had the Pink Panther- equally to DIE for! And for $5...can't beat that. I'm tempted to go back every night this week :)