Monday, March 10, 2008

Get Pampered in Astoria

What's better than a relaxing pampering session in the 'hood?

This is yet another thing I love about Astoria. Plenty of places to get your nails and toes did girls--and for you guys, you can get a soothing (and cheap) massage. Here are some incredible pamperies that will help you relax and still keep your wallet full.

Kiki Nails: Recently renovated (see picture), this place is cheery, pleasant--and most importantly very clean. Manicure: $7, Pedicure: $13, 15 Minute Massage: $15. 34-20 30th Avenue. 718 728-1742.

Salon Tiara: Altough this place is super girly, it's also endearing and friendly. Everything in there is purple and a bit sparkly--think Tiaras and princesses. But...Sue, the owner is lovely, helpful and always has a smile on her face. All the manis and pedis I've gotten here were fantastic. Manicure: $8, Pedicure: $15, 15 Minute Chair Massage: $15. 23-02 31st Street. 718.204.1527

Lift Hair Studio: One of my favorites in Astoria, I trust to get my haircuts here. The owner, Asia is spunky and fun to chat with--and she knows what she's doing. If you'd like to get a mani, they start at $9. However, make sure you make an appointment because this place doesn't accommodate walk-ins. 27-07 24th Avenue. 718.728.5438

Bamboo Nails & Spa: This is usually my back-up when Kiki is busy but I've always been really happy with the results. The shop is clean and the location is great--and very close to the Broadway subway stop. They always have fun magazines to peruse and a comfy couch to seat waiting customers. Manicure: $6, Pedicure: $12, 10 Minute Chair Massage: $10 and a $1 extra for each additional minute. 34-06 Broadway. 718.278.6886

A splurge for Astoria but worth the treat...

Spa Hydra: This place is a full-on trendy spa. The experience is a bit more professional than some of the smaller shops I've mentioned but the prices also reflect this. I've gotten a massage here and it was absolutely delightful--an experience I highly recommend. Even though this is a splurge, it's still a lot cheaper than a city spa. Citrus Manicure: $20, Basic Bliss Pedicure: $35, Classic Swedish Massage (55 minutes): $85. 35-11 36th Street. 718.267.7991.


View Larger Map

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't forget Anasa Day Spa on Newtown right next to 31st street! They're on an upper floor of an office building and have a sign you can see from the N/W.

DeviousEyez said...

Kiki's is the best if the best. I was one of Kiki's first customer's when she first opened and I have been ADDICTED ever since. I thought her nail salon would be overpriced since it looked sooooo great and CLEAN but to my surprise she is VERY inexpensive. Especially compared to Athena's or Eve's. They are extremely clean and sanitary. ALL of her ladies are charming and helpful, I go to anyone for my pedicure they are equally great. Kiki herself put me on to "Synergy" nails, they DO NOT make your real nails weak. Get more information on it. Flor is also good.

Kathy said...

Just move in astoria, no where to go for my mani and pedi, now i have found one, which is Ritz nails & Spa on 2107 31 Street.

I didn't know that i have a choice of my pedicure ( MILK, SEA SALT, Lavender, Green Tea ).

Best place to relax and enjoy getting manicure & pedicure

Anonymous said...

Perfect place for relaxing with your friends or family.




Laby[boy suits]

Unknown said...

Nice blog...Thanks for sharing... Also know about Best Haircut ASTORIA....