Thursday, May 03, 2007

Astorian Weekend Edition 03.05.07

So in keeping with my nerd-centric post last week, I have found another gem- a fantasy/sci fi book club that so far, is all female! Unbelievable I know, but true. They meet up on Thursday nights and have kept it up for the past 2 years. Locations are always changing with the Beer Garden as a constant fall back spot.
* In all fairness, I did find another book club that is co-ed, the choice is yours!

Friday give yourself a treat by strolling down Ditmars to Forno Italia (43-19 Ditmars Blvd.) I don't know why it has taken so long for me to find this place, but hot diggity dog- the pizza ROCKS!!! Brick oven deliciousness :) One little itty bitty request though, more sauce! GO, EAT... please let me know what you think too because in my opinion this is the second (with a good shot of becoming the...) best pizza in Astoria- number one being Michael Angelo's (29-11 23rd Ave.)
~that's my quatro staggione pizza right there from Forno.

Break out your bike this Saturday for Green Queens: Estuary Wading & Cycling Adventure. From 10am to 1pm, start at Start at Gantry Plaza State Park (48th Ave. & the East River) and ride the proposed Queens East River Greenway and be one with nature. They will be touring all sorts of places, even Build It Green! Fear not, it won't run you ragged, the whole thing should clock in at around 5 miles in 3 hours.

Right after the ride, drain your water bottle, while learning about our impact on H2O resources at the Water Quality Workshop. The folks of the New York Soil & Water Conservation District and Partnerships for Parks will be doing the schooling.

Sunny Sundays are meant to be spent outside. Here's what to do this week! Socrates Sculpture Park (@ Vernon Blvd. and Broadway) is opening a new show L.I.C., NYC all about local artists, including Andrea Christens, Anne Deleprot, James Johnson, Isamu Noguchi, Rachel Stevens, and Nicole Tschampel. Catch it until August 5, 2007.

No comments: