Thursday, October 02, 2008

Astorian Weekend Edition 02.10.08

Pictured above - Bacon wrapped shrimp from SHI

Since last weekend wasn't conducive to being outside, the Beer Garden is taking another stab at Octoberfest. This Saturday from 3p and all day Sunday, enjoy great music, hearty food and imported lager. Admission is FREE. 29-19 24th Avenue, Astoria. 718.274.4925

Try some new restaurants this weekend:

SHI, the stylish, new Asian fusion eatery in LIC has amazing city views at a fraction of the price of its neighbors, such as Water's Edge. The must-eat dishes in my book are the popcorn beef and bacon wrapped shrimp--just wonderful! 47- 20 Center Blvd, Long Island City NY 11101. 347-242-2450

I had the pleasure to try the new and improved Bangkok Tasty. Wow! The interior is modern with a hint of Zen--I enjoyed my dinner because I got the chance to unwind. While their curry puffs look non-traditional, they're tasty. My friend and I loved our entrees and the wallet friendly prices. 29-06 23rd Avenue, Astoria NY 11105 718.545.8203

And don't forget...Queens Restaurant Week is still going on until this Thursday. Check out these Astoria and LIC locations that are still offering Restaurant Week specials.

Bon Appetit!

No comments: