Saturday, October 11, 2008

Grand Cafe Brunch


Grand Cafe Brunch
Originally uploaded by mcotner
Today I had brunch at Grand Cafe, the 30th Ave cafe that is closest to my home. I had read about their brunch from fellow Joey Judith, aka The Foodista and really wanted to check it out.

What a gorgeous day! Unfortunately, there weren't any seats outside, so we ate in the dining room. Not as nice as outside on a day like this, but it was fine. The music was pretty good, not the techno I feared, but they played fun tunes by REO Speedwagon (yes, I'm showing my age), Guns N Roses, Estelle, and Alanis Morrisette, among others.

For $11.50 brunch consisted of tasty coffee, a great mimosa, and an omelette, toast, and field greens. I had the avocado and tomato omelette and it was delicious and simple. I loved the balsamic vinaigrette that came with the greens, too. My dining companion had the Grand Omelette (bacon, cheese, and peppers) and french fries. The fries were great! Omelette was apparently tasty, too, but I didn't taste it. The whole wheat toast was also above average and I enjoyed it very much.

We did not receive any mini muffins, sad to say.

However, I'd definitely go back! I thought the food was good for the price. And it's nice that it's so close, too.

Grand Cafe
3701 30th Ave
Astoria, NY
(718) 777-7321

No comments: