Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Few Things

First, I hope you had a nice day off yesterday.

Second, thanks to JIA fans Harlan and duluoz cats for coming into Freeze Peach on Sunday and saying hi! I was serving as a volunteer barista from 4-8pm, which is the fundraising shift during the week. The money from their drinks and tips helped to fund our local CSA (I'll write more about that when the time is right). And it was nice to see some friends during that crazy day.

Third, in the shameless plug category, I'm playing a concert at Columbia University tomorrow at 12:15pm, with my group, Rossignol Amoureaux. We'll be playing 18th century suites and sonatas for flute and harpsichord. Should be a fun time, and come up and say hi if you decide to attend. More info can be found here.

5 comments:

Harlan said...

You're quite welcome! I hope that you had a chance to sit down and have some tea yourself... You looked a little frazzled. :) And I'm glad to support the CSA...

Unknown said...

congats on the concert!

Laura Barger said...

I'm coming. To your concert, you dirty bird!

duluoz cats said...

I should be thanking you! Your special caramel hot chocolate made me wish it was the beginning of winter again ... mmm ... and, yes, it's even better to support an important cause while spoiling oneself with such decadence.

megc said...

Harlan, yep I got a chance to rest a bit, thanks. It was nutso that Sunday! But super fun. I was really happy to be able to raise funds for the CSA.

Laura B, it was great to see you at the concert! I owe Laura BIG TIME for helping me move the harpsichord to and fro. It made a big difference.

Thanks for the good concert wishes, flooz! The concert went quite well and we got a nice response. The Leclair sonata was probably the best it's been.

And duluoz_cats, I'm so glad you liked the caramel hot chocolate! It is truly delicious. Chocolate and caramel are one of my favorite flavor combinations, and when the caramel came to the cafe, caramel hot chocolate was the first thing I thought of. I'm glad it made it on the new menu (before, you had to be "in the know"). Now, the good news is that the hot chocolates there are excellent iced in the warmer months, and I can only imagine how glorious an iced caramel chocolate will be!