Thursday, March 23, 2006

Good News from Mundo

I have heard so many good things about Mundo! I haven't tried it yet, but really want to, and will once my bank account gets back in the black. In the meantime, I enjoy living vicariously through my fellow bloggers in their trips to the restaurant, and also via the newsletter that the restaurant sends out (contact them to be put on their distribution list). The good news is that they now deliver! It's a limited area, the borders being 36th Avenue to 30th Avenue and Crescent to 40th Avenue. Bad news for us in the Ditmars area, but good for you in central Astoria. But it's cool nonetheless. They have a downloadable .pdf takeout menu as well as a page on the site for your perusal. Worth checking out!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got home from work on Wednesday to find the Mundo takeout menu sitting on our stoop. We were so excited since we've been waiting so long for them to start delivering. Since we couldn't wait any longer, we ordered from them last night. Delish! Sure, we missed the atmosphere of the restaurant, but since we tend to not eat out much during the week, it's perfect for us. And it beats ordering out greasy Chinese, that's for sure.

Unknown said...

gud news indeedy!
Meg, by the time your bank account gets better-i hope mine will be ok too so let me know cause i really really want to go there!

megc said...

flooz, sounds good to me! As far as costs go, I think Los Portales is super cheap and I REALLY want to go there, and can afford it, so we should go sometime sooooon!

Anonymous said...

I've been there numerous times and it is probably my favorite restaurants in Queens. Everything is so fresh and so cheap. The staff is all so very nice. Order Red Sonia, it is their signature dish I'd say. The wines are all very good too and very reasonably priced.

Zora said...

I'll just add to all the praise of Mundo--that place is fantastico! The Red Sonia are delish, and the manti are amazing. If I had a Turkish grandmother, I bet she'd make manti like that.

JMC Designs said...

Hey Meg, let me know when you're going to Mundo - I haven't been yet either. Also, I'm in the neighborhood of Los Portales, so you can also drop me a line! Julie

megc said...

Will do, Julie! Maybe a Los Portales night this week will be in order...Perhaps at some point we should do a JIA readership restaurant night!

Annie said...

YES! DELIVERY! I'm on their email list but I hadn't known about this new development. Thank you Meg (although I'm sure having those chicken croquettes delivered to me in my pjs is probably not the healthiest lifestyle move...) CHEERS!

megc said...

Glad I could help, Annie. I hope you get to enjoy MundoDelivery soon! Just thinking about it makes me hungry.