Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's So Big It Needs Its Own Post

Of course, the most obvious big event this weekend is on Friday --- that would be St. Patrick's Day. However, as far as I'm concerned, an even bigger event on Friday is the OPENING OF TRADER JOE'S UNION SQUARE. Hooray! I am so excited! I am a big fan of the TJs, plus the option of buying wine and beer from them finally is a reality here in NY. Personally, I dislike the antiquated "blue laws."

OK --- and if that isn't good enough news, the Shake Shack is opening back up on Tuesday, March 21 at 11am. In case you don't know, Shake Shack is the fabulous hamburger place, a "roadside food stand" in Madison Square Park. Oh blessed burgers, fries, and frozen custard come to me! Yes, yes, it's not in Astoria or Long Island City, but it is worth the field trip to Manhattan.

4 comments:

mia said...

hm, that link claims no wine at the union square location. sad.

megc said...

Dude, that is totally wrong information. The TJ site is wrong in its phrasing. The grocery store, yes, will not carry wine/beer/etc. However, there will be a TJ liquor store next door! With a separate entrance, because of those darn blue laws (lame). The Gothamist has been reporting the wine store for a while now. So never fear! It will open, bringing 2 buck chuck to the NYC masses.

mia said...

I stand corrected, you are totally right. I went there today. It sure has a big pretty sign, but not open yet. but the grocery sure is open and CHAOS. worth it, but holy crap.

megc said...

Yep, totally worth it. I will go to TJs on Friday and see what I can see. I love the Trader Joe's! It will be nice when the wine store opens.