Friday, March 02, 2007

Additional Weekend Fun

Forwarded to me from my friend Linda:
Set aside some time this weekend for sky watching. On Saturday night, March 3rd, there's going to be a total eclipse of the Moon. This means the Moon will glide through the heart of Earth's shadow and turn a beautiful shade of sunset red. Totality can be seen from parts of all seven continents including all of Europe and Africa and the eastern half of North America.

Visit spaceweather.com for observing tips, maps and links to live webcasts, and check out the Lunar Eclipse Gallery for photos from a similar eclipse in 2004.

1 comment:

megc said...

Well, I finally saw Mr. Moon around 8pm or so, a chunk of it still eaten by the earth's shadow. I looked for it earlier but didn't see it. Glad I got to see a bit of it, though.