Thursday, March 22, 2007

Passover is Coming!

So, when I was a little girl, my parents converted to Judaism (if you've seen me, you'll find that hard to believe). We, of course, observed Passover, and it became my favorite celebration of the Jewish Year. During the seder on the first night (Monday, April 2 this year), wine plays a big part. Unfortunately, all we had at that point was the cloyingly sweet Mogen David or Manischewitz. These days, there are many more options. Want to check some kosher wines out? Go by Vine Wine in LIC and participate in next Wednesday's tasting:
Wednesday March 28th, 6:30pm

Kosher Wines, for Kosher Times


I know, you think you are scared. Don't be. There are some fantastic kosher wines available now, and we will be tasting a few of them from around the world. So that you too can walk around secure in your knowledge of kosher wines and how delicious they can be.

No comments: