Saturday, March 21, 2009

Additional Delicousness

While walking down 30th Ave to dinner at Les Minots last week, I stopped in at Frank's Bakery (36-02 30th Ave) and bought - yes - a zeppole! I was delicious. I now remember buying one from them last year and really enjoying it. I also bought a little strip of their apple strudel. Can I just say, yum?!?? It was really good. I loved the big sugar crystals on top and the sweet apple filling. There were raisins, and normally I don't like raisins in this sort of thing, but in this case it worked for me.

So, if you are craving something apple-y and sweet, give it a try. I think it's $7.99 a pound, and you can get any size strip you like. Sorry I don't have a picture - I ate it before I could even think of pulling out the camera! Perhaps I'll have to stop in again for another bit so that I can take a picture... yeah... that's it! :)

No comments: